We’ve all heard the expression “the way to healthy skin is from the inside out.” Well, I now believe this expression to be true.
After seeing “Skinny Fit” collagen ads on Facebook, I decided to do some research on Collagen Peptides before I fell for the expensive click bait ad. Before you make the decision to add this beneficial supplement into your coffee every morning, here are the top 5 reasons why everyone should add Collagen Peptides to their diet:
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body, and gives structure to your skin, bones, muscles, and all other connective tissue.
- Since Collagen Peptides are a complete protein, you can totally eliminate those chalky protein powders that are generally full of sugar and unnecessary ingredients.
- Your body produces less of it as you get older, which results in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Taking collagen orally can improve skin elasticity, reduce wrinkles, and increase skin moisture.
- Collagen peptides have other benefits including strengthening joints, improving sleep, and accelerating weight loss.
To boost your collagen stores, eat foods like bone broth or simply stir collagen peptides powder into your smoothie or coffee.
Since I am a huge Amazon junkie, (due to the access to multiple products that offer free returns, real time customer product reviews by verified purchasers, free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime, and incredible customer service) I have had the opportunity to try three difference brands of Collagen Peptides over the past three months, and all three products were purchased from Amazon.com. The list below is in the order that I have tried each product. This list also so happens to be in the order of my least favorite to my number 1 favorite brand.
Click each title or image below to get more information at Amazon.com.
Hydrolyzed Collagen Powder 1Pound Pasture Raised Cattle Non-GMO Grass-Fed Gluten-Free Certified Kosher Unflavored and Easy To Mix – Premium Beef Collagen Peptides 16 onces
Further Food Collagen Peptides Protein Powder | Grass-Fed, Pasture-Raised, Non-GMO, Paleo, Keto | Premium Hydrolyzed Collagen (8 oz)
The last Collagen Peptide on my list –– Further Food Collagen Peptides Protein Powder –– is by far my favorite out of all three Collagen Peptides powders I have tried, and here is why:
- This powder actually fully dissolves in my hot coffee without any stirring.
- This powder is available in individual travel packs.
- I have noticed immediate results after one scoop of this powder in my coffee:
- Increased digestion and regularity
- Increased energy levels
- After using this product for 3 weeks, I have noticed:
- My skin is clearer
- My skin is glowing
- Fine lines are not as “deep”
- I have less bloating
- My nails are stronger
- Hair is growing and silky
- Little to no joint pain
- Another HUGE plus for this brand of Collagen Peptide powder is that it has ZERO taste! While the other brands I have tried state that theirs have zero taste as well, there is always a subtle powdery and chalky taste in my coffee.
- Lastly –– this brand is the least expensive. While cheaper does not always mean better, this is definitely the case for this product. And do not let the 8 oz canister versus the 16 oz canister that the other products offer fool you. The scoop size for this product is close to half the scoop size of the other two Collagen Peptides I have listed. So you are still guaranteed a 30 day supply.
Here is a before and after photo of my face since I started adding Collagen Peptides powder into my morning coffee over the past 3 months. These photos are not edited or filtered in anyway. I do not have on any makeup in the after photo except lipgloss.
Thanks for reading! Please subscribe to my blog for updates on new articles!
xoxo – Julie